Friday, April 13, 2012

We're getting married, y'all!

He popped the question, and I said yes!  By next spring, I’ll be a married woman and trying to figure out how to write “Quinn” in cursive (by the way, can anyone write a cursive “Q”?  Anyone?)  We are ridiculously excited, to say the least!  And now, let the wedding planning begin!



Yours truly at a crawfish boil for work, a few hours after he proposed!
This blog is primarily to keep friends and family informed of all things Q-Wedding, and all the highs and lows that come with planning a budget-friendly, DIY wedding!  This is a very important time in our lives together, as we make so many important decisions.  Let me give you a little background…
I am Brittany, Tupelo girl relocated to the Mississippi Delta!  I graduated from Mississippi University for Women in 2010, and I had the privilege of staying on campus after graduation to recruit some amazing future W-girls and guys! 
          


My heart is here- MUW!
During my senior year, I met a curly-haired, sweet boy at a party, and ended up making small talk with him throughout the night.  The next day, some girls from my college social club and I were working a concession booth at a Mississippi State football game, and he made sure to come visit me, and later saved me a seat next to him for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  And now, almost three years later, we are planning the rest of our lives together!
Justin is a Delta boy from Greenwood, and he will graduate with a journalism degree from Delta State University in May.  We both now reside in Cleveland, Mississippi, as I am working for the Delta State Alumni Association, and Justin is finishing up his last semester.

The Fighting Okra- Delta State’s unofficial mascot!
 The aforementioned “big decisions” come into play here- what in the world are we going to do with our lives?!  We are engaged, and Justin has always wanted to go to law school, or become a history professor.  My life goals change daily, but seeing as how I cannot successfully contribute to our family by being a nail polish namer or cupcake decorator (jokes, people), I have been looking into possible Master’s degrees programs in Higher Education.  I have a semester in Counselor Education under my belt, but I am still doing A LOT of soul searching to figure out if that is truly what I want to do.
The only things I know for sure in life are that I want to wake up to Justin Quinn every day for the rest of my life, I want a life surrounded by my wonderful family and my special girls, and I must have a large bathtub and a porch with a rocking chair.


Dream porch!
Please keep both of us in your thoughts during these upcoming months, and especially as we take time to plan our celebration day! 
In my next blog, I’ll tell you a little about the direction I am going in as far as wedding themes and colors, and our possible dates/locations, etc.  And so it begins!




1 comment:

  1. this is adorable! (: i wish you luck with all of your wedding planning! i'll probably be making comments here and there.

    also, being a nail polish namer would be an amazing job. i could think of some pretty awesome names.

    ReplyDelete