Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sweet Showers and Celebrations!

There is nothing I love better than a road trip.  I have taken quite a few since college, whether it be Columbus to the coast to recruit students to the W, Columbus to Greenwood to see that boy of mine, or Cleveland to Nashville to follow those Dawgs.  These past two weeks, I have gotten to take two road trips!  Not only do I get to sitesee and crank up Queen as loud as I want, but what makes these trips even sweeter is knowing there are celebrations once I get there.

Two weekends ago, I got to travel back to Mississippi to Columbus for a shower for Miss Amber McCrary, soon-to-be Mrs. Hicks!  It always does my heart so good to see my Lockheart girls, and I am loving the fact that many of them are planning weddings, which is always a good excuse to get together.  Amber had a bridal brunch with the cutest mini-pancakes and individual yogurts-definitely Pinterest heaven!  Her wedding is definitely going to be so special and sentimental.  Amber, I had so much fun and am looking forward to hanging out soon!


 
Have I mentioned I love showers?  I love showers.  So much so that Justin, the boys, and I road tripped to another part of Mississippi to help with literally the cutest shower I have ever seen for my best friend's sister in Biloxi.  Her theme was "Ahoy, it's a boy", and Sarah Marcy has OUTDONE herself y'all.  "Professional party planner" should be added to her resume.
 

 
 

 


 
 
Every year, Sarah, Forrest, and our friend Cindy (who was on the coast a week before) try to make it down to the beach to celebrate our birthdays, which coincidentally, are all in late July or early August.  This year, I got to spend the weekend not only celebrating baby Carson's almost-arrival, but celebrating another birthday with my best friend.  Fun times were definitely had, and fresh seafood and delicious cake were definitely enjoyed.  Happy birthday, Sarah!!
 

 
Definitely looking forward to this weekend, too!  We are going to be Cheesecake Factory-eatin', outlet shoppin', and board game playin'.  I am also in a crazy organizing mood and have made a list (of course) of all the things in the house that I need organized.  I am definitely one of those people who sleeps better at night knowing my closets aren't junky.  It's a hard life.  Anyway, my goals for this weekend are to employ the organizational skills of my mother and sister (for free, of course), and organize our downstairs storage closet and make a "craft closet" for me upstairs.  We are fortunate enough to have a TON of closet space in our home, and there is one closet virtually unused upstairs that I am definitely turning into an organized scrapbooking, giftwrapping, and ribbon heaven.  Ultimate birthday present!
 
Also, did y'all know that eating gluten-free is hard?  ESPECIALLY if you don't have an allergy and are depending on sheer willpower to not eat that baby shower cake or free pepperoni pizza?  I have never really understood the phrase "the struggle is real" until now.  It is really, really real.  And also, that baby shower cake and pizza were really, really good.  Woops!  Time to hop back on that gluten-free train and stay on it.  Speaking of which, I have a $5 off coupon for McAlister's (gluten-free bread!!), so I'ma need a lunch buddy soon.
 
Until next time!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment