Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Showers, surprises, and snow (in March)!

So. There are MANY different words that can describe this past week.  From sick and scary to surprised and shocked to showers and SNOW, it’s safe to say that March has definitely come in like a lion!
On the health front, I am doing 100 percent better!  I still have a purply bruise on my arm from the faulty IV, but other than that, I am healthy and happy and ready to get in a wedding dress!  Hallelu!
Friday was VERY eventful to say the least.  I have been busy at work lately perfecting the summer and fall 2013 schedules and tallying up scholarship scores.  In the midst of my busy-bee-ness, I never once noticed the flurry of activity all around.  My co-workers took long breaks, and sometimes were nowhere to be found (Gemini, if you’re reading this, I am talking about you ;) 
Around 2:00, our program chair, Cathy, asked me to come upstairs to her office for a second.  At that time, I was the only one in the office due to my missing co-workers, and our student worker was off work at 2:00.  The following is my conversation from the bottom floor balcony with Cathy on the second floor:
Me (running outside): “I can’t come- I’m the only one in the office!”
Cathy: “It’ll only take a minute!  Bring a notepad and pen.”
Me: “Our student worker leaves at 2:00 though!”
Cathy: “Just run up here!”
Me: “But who will answer the phones when I’m gone?”
Cathy: “It won’t take a minute! Just come upstairs and lock the door behind you”
Me: “But no one else has a key!”
Cathy: “Brittany.”
So I take my notepad, pen, and keys and head upstairs as instructed.  I open the door, and I find almost every instructor, staff, plus students from the Art Department saying “Surprise!”.  They threw the most PERFECT surprise shower!! This was my “surprised” face.

 It is VERY hard to get anything past me, and if someone tells me they have a surprise for me, I demand to know what it is.  I’m not fun like that.  But this time, I suspected NOTHING and was so touched.  And, not to gloat, but I got an ICE BLUE KITCHEN AID-STAND MIXER!!  To which, upon opening it, I exclaimed “oh my gosh, I don’t even have a hand mixer!!” (opening gifts in front of people makes me say strange things.  Blog post on this later).  And then, wouldn’t you know my next gift was a Kitchen Aid hand mixer.  Perfection.  They even had my two favorite snacks- sausage balls and MACARONS!  This was a big deal!  I really work with the most thoughtful, sweet people.  I hope everyone is so lucky at some point in their careers.
On Saturday, my bff Holly and I made the trek to Tupelo for my second bridal shower.  Even though the snow flurries started early, we did not forget how to drive as most Southerners do, and made it to the shower on time without being too late.  My Aunt Deb had the cutest idea to throw a shower at Tupelo’s pottery-painting store, Wet Paint!  I was so excited to see so many of my old friends from Tupelo.  You know those people you don’t see often, but when you do, it seems as if no time has passed?  I am lucky enough to have lots of those friends in my life!  It was one of the most fun showers I have ever been to (complete with homemade strawberry cake mmmm!!)  and I hope everyone who came had lots of fun! 





After dinners with our respective mommas, Holly and I headed back to T-town and jammed to some En Vogue, Boyz II Men, and Celine Dion, because that is some underrated music, people.  The pure emotion of the songs wore us out, and we were BEAT by the time we got back to town.
On Sunday, I woke up bright and early, watched some Fashion Police because I think Joan Rivers is one of the funniest people on the planet and I don’t care what anybody says, and gave the pups a bath!  They were being very rambunctious, so we played with their ball and worked on their fetching and sitting skills.  After a grocery run to Target, Justin and I decided to load the boys up and take them on their first visit to Pet Supplies Plus!  The twins will be ONE WHOLE YEAR OLD next Monday, and we wanted to get them some new rawhides for an early birthday present (we are those people).  So we attached their leashes and loaded them up in the car on the way to the store.  Thankfully, they have gotten MUCH better about riding in the car and only shake a little and don’t get car sick.  But, as soon as we walked in the door, Fitz decided he did NOT want to walk around this new store and promptly ended up in the buggy.  He was very happy to get his new rawhides

Gatsby had fun walking around the store and looking at the different squeaky toys, but then rounded a corner and saw a MASSIVE bulldog!  The boys took great pleasure in alerting the whole store of the imminent danger of this wild beast, and Gatsby had to join his brother in the buggy as he could not be trusted to keep quiet on the leash. 



After picking up some food for Mr. Kitty, we headed back home to let the boys run around the backyard and calm down.  Needless to say, it will be a while before we have another family outing to the pet store.  Oy vey!
Three weeks, y’all!  Flowers are ordered now, and there are LOTS of crafts I should be doing!  Now I’m praying I find the motivation to actually do them… ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment