Thursday, July 19, 2012

Aaand more life updates.

SO!

This week has been super busy.  We road tripped back to the Mississippi Delta on Sunday for Justin's grandfather's funeral, and although they were not good circumstances, we really enjoyed getting to see family. 


The ceremony was so beautiful and touching, with almost every member of the Quinn family taking part.  I was definitely reminded of how blessed I am to be a Quinn, too soon.  I'm also super thankful for the puppy's Aunt Holly who took care of them while we were out of town.  She's the best.

Justin's sister Anna and her sweet baby made the trip back to Tuscaloosa with us to visit for a few days.  My soon-to-be niece is one of the most smiling, happy babies I've ever met, and it was so much fun getting to play with her!  It was nice for more girls to be at the house, seeing as I am usually outnumbered by Justin and our animal sons.



AND (I will go into details about this later), we have changed the wedding venue.  Again.  I know.  I am probably the most fickle person on the planet, but we've made some changes in order to be more frugal, because it is really hard paying for a wedding, okay!?  But I'm pretty happy, seeing as how we are going BACK to the original plan of pastels and lace, which is totally Brittany anyway, right?  It's going to be awesome for real.  And I hope you come.

My mom is coming to visit this weekend, and we are driving over to Columbus to check out the ceremony and reception sites, meeting with Susannah who will take our pictures, and hopefully looking at suits for the groomsmen.  It feels so nice to finally be able to get things checked off the list!

OH and my dress came in!  As soon as I got off work, I ran over to pick it up and try it on again (and again) and put my hair piece in.  Gorgeous.  I am just in love with it.  Although I am really excited to get it tailored and bustled, considering it barely stays up (because it is strapless and I lack anything to hold it up up there), and it is looooong.  Mom's taking it back home with her this weekend, so although I would like to keep trying it on every day and feel like a princess, it is taking up exactly half of my closet space, which just won't do.
This is how I feel with my dress on.  Although I no longer have red hair, and am not marrying Prince Eric.

So I know this blog post is all over the place (I try to keep a theme, but I'm good at going on tangents), but ALSO Justin and I are trying to focus on clean eating.  For the past few weeks, he has been gluten-free, and he's already slimmed up a lot, which I know he is proud of!  I have been cutting back on the gluten, but I figure an occasional turkey sandwich for lunch won't hurt anybody.  I've also been trying to substantially cut back on the processed foods, which means I'm going to have to find something to do with the ten Lean Cuisines that are sitting in my freezer.  Woops. 



On the same note, I recently stopped blow drying and straightening my hair (I have phases where I do this), and I'm wearing it wavy/curly, and I'm starting to wash it only every three days.  Crazy, right?  I got in a routine where I would wake up, get a shower and wash my hair, brush it, blow dry it, straighten it, brush it again, and ultimately damage the fire out of it.  Now that I don't wash it as much and only brush it once after I wash it, it feels a lot healthier.  AND with all the rain we've been having, I don't have to worry about my straight hair turning curly.  Because it already is.  So in short, I'm pretty proud of myself and focusing on taking better care of myself inside and out :)


Hopefully there will be a theme to the next post.  Maybe not. I did get some polish from the new Essie summer collection which I'm pretty excited about.  Sorry if you are my Facebook friend and are tired of seeing my nails.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment