Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hot hot hot.

As we are all aware, it has been super hot these past couple of weeks!  But for some reason, I think Tuscaloosa is the hottest place of them all.




108?  Is that even possible?  I have never been able to handle heat very well.  Maybe the lack of pigment in my skin makes heat unbearable to me, or maybe I just whine about being hot a lot- I don't know.  But I do know that I hate, HATE oppressive heat and have the tendency to pass out at times.

My general feeling towards heat: hatred.

Now that you fully understand how much I hate hot weather, I am excited to say that I have gotten lots of wedding projects done recently by spending a lot of time indoors.  I have so many crafts piled up in our spare bedroom that it's getting a bit ridiculous.  When we first got engaged, my goal was to hand-make fabric bouquets for each of my bridesmaids.  I started on them and soon became overwhelmed because I wasn't happy with how they were turning out and started thinking about what kind of real flowers I want to use.  Not one to give up, I decided to give the fabric flowers another go since we couldn't do much else, with the heat and being broke and all!  I am really happy with how they are turning out so far!  These are the first few I have made, and now I am up to a whole shoebox. They need to be cleaned up a bit, but here is the first try.


I'm adding in some pearls, lace, and burlap, along with some champagne-colored flowers later.  Hopefully they will turn out something like this, and will NOT cost as much as they do on Etsy.


Last week, Justin and I completed our first registry at Target, which was pretty exciting!  We made two separate trips and spent WAYY too much time in the cookware aisle, but we got some pretty awesome and useful stuff on our list!  I think Justin really loved the red scanner he got to use.


My favorite aisle was the one with all of the white cookware and serving dishes.  I made sure to register for a good bit of this!


I also literally begged Justin to let me put this on the registry.  Hello Kitty PLUS cupcakes?  My dream come true.


ALSO I officially started my new job on Thursday in the Art Department at the University of Alabama.  So far, I have met most of the art faculty and a lot of Student Services employees.  Yesterday I completed A LOT of training that will help me create class schedules and help advise students in the department.  I am so ready for the fall semester!  On Tuesday, all of the staff are going to have lunch together at Fresh Foods in the Ferguson Center- pretty excited about the bonding time!

Garland Hall, which houses the main office for the Art Department and a pretty awesome gallery.

I have also found a photographer!  Sweet Susannah Finley from the W is going to take our engagement and wedding pictures.  She is very talented, and I can't wait to see some of her ideas!  Hopefully we can get those done pretty soon so I can start working on Save the Dates!  Whoop whoop!

At the end of this month, I get to spend time with TWO of my bridesmaids in Pensacola!  So excited to spend time with Sarah and Cindy.  About to start on the road trip playlist now... :)

1 comment:

  1. Pip says to stop in on your way to P'cola and visit. You won't believe this belly... ;)

    ReplyDelete