Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet the Maids!

This weekend, we got a LOT of wedding decisions made- hallelujah!  Mom and I traveled to Columbus to look at the ceremony and reception sites and to have a yummy lunch from Front Door Back Door, my Columbus favorite.  One pretty neat thing was that when we got to the reception site, it was already decorated for a wedding that day, so it was cool to see everything ready to go.  We also spoke with the bride's mom, who let us walk around and look at the house while she and her family made some last minute preparations.  Then on Sunday, we met with Susannah Finley, who is going to take our engagement and wedding pictures.  She has some really creative ideas and I can't WAIT to take the pictures!
 
This Friday, my friend Cindy and I are making a quick road trip to Pensacola, Florida, to see our best friend Sarah!  Cindy, Sarah, her husband Forrest, and I all have birthdays at the end of July to early August, so we are making a tradition of celebrating together at the beach :)  Both Sarah and Cindy are going to be bridesmaids at the wedding, so I figure this would be a pretty appropriate time to introduce you to some special ladies who will be standing by me during my wedding day!
Kate Herndon- Maid of Honor
My maid of honor is my lovely sister and best friend, Kate Herndon.  I’ve known Kate for the past 18 years, and I even remember the day she was born.  We share the same blue eyes, sarcastic attitude, and W girl status.  I could talk about her early years when she insisted on wearing her swimsuit 24/7, or when she cut all her hair off and hid it in a Barbie lunchbox underneath her bed, but I will not.  Truth be told, I am so, so proud of the gorgeous and intelligent woman she has become, and I would choose no other person to be my number one girl on my wedding day.  I love her to pieces.


Sarah Marcy- Bridesmaid

Sarah and her husband Forrest live in Pensacola, Florida now, but I am still as close as ever to her.  We were both Lockhearts at MUW, and share almost all of the same interests and hobbies.  It’s pretty crazy.  Our goal is to live in the same town one day, so we can have Sunday brunches and craft together whenever we want to.  I am so glad Sarah is coming back to Mississippi for my day!

Taylor Hall- Bridesmaid

Taylor was also a Lockheart, and one of my pledge sisters from the W.  I can always, always count on Taylor to be there for me personally, and to always be the first one to volunteer to go on an adventure with me, whether it’s to Derma, Mississippi, or to a Fly By Radio concert.  Taylor has a sweet spirit and is a very dear friend to me.
Cynthia Thomas- Bridesmaid
Cindy and I are both from the Tupelo area, both attended Northeast Mississippi Community College, and both attended MUW, but it wasn’t until my time at the W that Cindy and I became close, and I am not sure why we never were, because she is one cool chick!  The thing that I admire most about Cindy is that she is reeeally funny, but very very real at the same time.  I have never hesitated in spilling my guts to Cindy, because I know she will always give me the best advice and put me first.  I hope everyone has a friend just like her, because I sure do not know where I would be without her.

Holly Mason- Bridesmaid

I just realized that the most recent picture I have of both me and Holly together is probably our senior prom!  Holly is my high school best friend, and we have recently been reunited when Justin and I moved to Tuscaloosa.  You know those friends you have that no matter how long you have been apart, everything is exactly the same between you?  That's me and Holly.  I am so thankful that she is part of my life again, even if we are too sarcastic and overly-competitve Cranium players.   I'm also very excited that Holly is going to be standing by me when I get hitched :)
Lydia Coffey Pierce- Bridesmaid
LCP is the big sister I never had- my Lockheart big sister to be exact!  When I was at the W, Lydia and her awesome husband Jared lived in an apartment right off of campus, and I loved going to visit for their home cooked meals and for bonding time!  Lydia and Jared now live in Hattiesburg, and we shared many memories together when I came through town during my recruiting days, including decorating for Christmas!  Lydia has always been a source of comfort for me, whether it’s welcoming me into her home, both in Columbus and Hattie, and giving me sisterly advice!  Lydia is also having a baby in November!!  I am so excited about baby showers and buying cute little people clothes!  I have no doubt she will be the best little mom!
Kelli Garrett- Bridesmaid
Kelli is one of Justin’s closest cousins, and also my future family!  I am so thankful to have met Kelli- there are not a lot of times in a girl’s life when she meets someone that she instantly connects with, and Kelli is one of those people for me!  She is always up for a good heart-to-heart, and is one of the most fun girls I know!  I am so happy to be able to call her family soon!

Anna Quinn- Bridesmaid
Anna is Justin's sweet sister, and momma to a precious little girl, our niece Sazume!  Anna has the biggest heart and a wonderful mother.  She recently came to visit us in Tuscaloosa, and hearing her sing to her daughter was one of the most heartwarming things I have heard in a long time.  I can't wait to gain another sister and niece soon :)

So thankful these girls will be with me on my wedding day!  Can't I just get married every weekend so we can all hang out all the time? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment